Hours of work: 22.5 hours/week (over 3 full days), based on a full time 37 hour week
Salary: NJC scale SO2 26 – 28, £30,451 – £32,234 (pro rata)
Location: Based at Head Office in Stevenage
Responsible to: CEO
Responsible for: Office Administrator (p/t), Data Administrator (p/t), Cleaner (p/t)
If you are an organized person, who is able to manage people, likes to be busy and enjoys being part of a team, then this could be the job for you!
Home-Start Hertfordshire is an innovative and enthusiastic voluntary organisation that believes every parent should have the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life.
Our main services are 1:1 home-visiting and community-based group support, although we have additional projects focused on specific areas of need. We have a dedicated and highly trained team of volunteer Family Mentors who work with each family for three to nine months.
The key role of the Office Manager is to manage the administrators, oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that the office is operating smoothly. You will work collaboratively with the senior managers of Home-Start Herts and the CEO to form part of the senior leadership team.
This post covers a variety of tasks such as preparation and coordination of training, assistance with events, managing suppliers, contractors and deliveries, management of policies and procedures, and others.
Home-Start Hertfordshire is currently in a transitional phase, which makes this an exciting opportunity for the suitable candidate to play an active role in the future growth of the charity. This very varied and highly rewarding role sits within a supportive and vibrant team.
The successful candidate will have experience in working in a responsible administrative role and have the ability to maintain high standards of practice and presentation at work. You will be efficient, self-motivated, solutions orientated and thrives in a team environment.
Please call or email for an application pack.
Telephone: 01438 367788 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any informal enquiries please contact Suzy Moody
Telephone: 07712 658055 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 29th June 2022
Interview date: Monday 11th July 2022
· Assigning and managing administration tasks
· Creating implementing and maintaining standard operating procedures for office functions: to include ensuring all required personnel records are kept up to date for Volunteers, Trustees and staff.
· Ensure that the Charities computerised storage system is kept up to date with relevant records and in an orderly fashion.
· Managing the booking of internal meeting rooms and external venues and organisation of seasonal activities
· Responsibility for the health and safety, first aid and fire safety, to include staff training for the office and ensuring that this is up to date.
· Negotiating and managing performance of service contracts in relation to IT, telecoms contracts and other services
· Monitoring of subscriptions to organisations, professional bodies and online resources
· Managing the office budget
· Managing invoices and ordering supplies for the office
· Assist with staff and volunteer recruitment
· Overall responsibility for tracking and sourcing training and updating staff training records for all staff, as required
· Managing Home-Start Herts’ complaints process
· Supporting the Trustee Board, CEO and Management team with committee and board meetings, ensuring that these are organised efficiently and that all papers are distributed 5 days before each meeting. In addition, providing support for ad hoc meetings, where administrative resource are required
· Leading on the implementation and regular review of all Home-Start policies and procedures, and ensuring that the Charity meets the requirements of its annual self assurance
· Lead the three yearly Home Start UK Quality Assurance on behalf of Home-Start Herts, coordinating the collation of material and meetings
· Manage the cleaning staff and ensuring all areas are kept clean and presentable to enable the smooth and efficient functioning of the office
·Providing inspirational leadership to the admin team, ensuring all staff receive effective supervision, direction and opportunities for training and development
·Contributing to the leadership and direction of Home-Start Hertfordshire, in accordance with its charitable objects and agreed strategic priorities