Hours of work: 37 hours/week
Salary: NJC scale SO2 26 – 28 (£30,451 – £32,234)
Location: Based at Head Office in Stevenage, with the option of hybrid working
Responsible to: the CEO
Responsible for: 11 members of staff
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Manager to lead the delivery and development of our family support services.
Home-Start Hertfordshire is an innovative and enthusiastic voluntary organisation that believes every parent should have the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life.
Our main services are 1:1 home-visiting and community-based group support, although we have additional projects focused on specific areas of need. We have a dedicated and highly trained team of volunteer Family Mentors who work with each family for three to nine months.
As our Service Delivery Manager you will be part of our management team and will work alongside them developing best practice processes and policies and ensuring a high quality operational service is delivered across all activities. You will lead and inspire our operational staff team, which includes 7 Volunteer Managers, 2 Group Leaders and 2 Administrators. You will also oversee our team of 85 volunteer Family Mentors and ensure that their initial training (the preparation course) and on-going training is exemplary.
You will review, assess and allocate referrals and liaise with referrers and other professionals as necessary. Safeguarding is fundamental to all we do and you will be our operational lead on all safeguarding matters.
Home-Start Hertfordshire is currently in a transitional phase, which makes this an exciting opportunity for the suitable candidate to play an active role in the future growth of the charity. This is a very varied and highly rewarding role that sits within a supportive and vibrant team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced manager with a demonstrable track record of successful service delivery, preferably within the health, social care or education sectors. You will possess strong leadership and communication skills and have a good understanding of the needs of vulnerable families and young children.
Please call or email for an application pack.
Telephone: 01438 367788 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any informal enquiries please call:
Faith Hojeer on 07712 658043 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 10th March 2022
Interview dates: 18th March 2022
Purposes of the job
· To deliver high quality services across Hertfordshire
· Ensure Home-Start Hertfordshire maintains high standards of practice in supporting families and volunteers within the Home-Start model
· Ensure equality of opportunity, fairness and diversity in all aspects of Home-Start Hertfordshire’s work
· Ensure good safeguarding practice in all aspects of Home-Start Hertfordshire’s work
· Lead, support and manage the Volunteer Managers and Group Leaders
· Contributes to the leadership and direction of Home-Start Hertfordshire in accordance with its charitable objectives and agreed strategic priorities
· Provides inspirational leadership to the Operations Team ensuring all employees receive effective supervision, direction and opportunities for training and development
· Contributes to innovative approaches and ideas and also embedding diversity, equality and inclusion into all aspects of Home-Start Hertfordshire
· Ensures Home-Start Hertfordshire maintains high standards of practice in supporting families within the Home-Start model.
· Leads on the implementation and review of all Home-Start policies and procedures
· Oversees the management of the operational work and deploys Home-Start Hertfordshire’s staffing and resources in the most effective way in consultation with the Board
· Manages the delivery of good safeguarding practice in all aspects of Home-Start Hertfordshire’s work
· Leads in the recruitment, selection, induction, management and deployment of the Operations Team.
· Lead the Operations team, ensuring all employees receive effective supervision, direction and opportunities for development
· Contribute to and support the development of the Home-Start network locally, regionally and nationally
· Works closely with the management team (CEO, finance manager and Strategic manager) on developing and delivering new projects and initiatives for supporting families
Support for families
· Develops and manages a central referral and matching process
· Ensures an overview of the work with families in Home-Start Hertfordshire
· Ensures support to families is of a high standard, in accordance with Home-Start’s model, policies and procedures
· Undertakes the Strategic Lead role on safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare, and develops safeguarding refresher training
· Manages and oversees the day to day running of all Family Groups across Hertfordshire
· Ensures Home-Start Hertfordshire maintains an effective team of volunteers, leading in the recruitment of new volunteers.
· Ensures Home-Start Hertfordshire’s policies and procedures are fully implemented in all aspects of working with volunteers including their recruitment, selection, preparation, support and supervision
· Leads on the development and delivery of the Home-Start preparation course to a high standard to all prospective volunteers
Working in Partnership
· Ensures appropriate liaison and communication with referrers and other professionals
· Networks appropriately within communities.
· Contributes to local policy and community development as appropriate.
· Champions Home-Start Hertfordshire’s mission, strategy, policies, values and activities with funders, donors, sponsors and other partners as appropriate and those whom Home-Strat Hertfordshire seeks to influence
· Supports community based fundraising channels
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities of the post as detailed above.
Any substantial or major changes will be negotiated.