We have selected a number of popular holiday destinations in the UK and abroad and we are challenging you to ‘travel’ the distance of your holiday destination.
Where in the world will you go?
- Choose you holiday destination from the map/list
- Work out how you are going to travel the distance (walk, cycle, swim, wheelchair, rowing boat or a combination, just as long as it’s not motorized!)
- Start planning your journey – your virtual route, who are you going with, how are you getting there?
There are four options you can choose for your virtual trip:
- Travel solo
- Travel as a group/family/team and record the km’s as a team
- Travel as a group/family/team and count each members km’s (a team of 4 walk 10km = 40km) perfect if your destination is far, far away!
- The all-inclusive option; create a relay team – each member of the team covers a leg of the journey. This way, little people or those less able can share the journey
Join the Home-Start Strava team to track your progress and share your journey with fellow travellers. Don’t forget to send us your holiday snaps along the way and there will be a prize for the most creatively dressed travellers!
The cost is £5 for each adult taking part and children are free. Participants are encouraged to set up their own Virgin Money Giving fundraising page with a suggested minimum target of £50 to collect sponsorship. All funds raised for Home-Start Hertfordshire will go towards helping families who are struggling.
Once booked, a member of our team will be in touch with you to find out your holiday plans for your virtual challenge and will send you a challenge pack to start you off on your travels.
Alternatively, if this challenge isn’t for you why not simply make a ‘pocket money’ donation to Home-Start Herts?
For any queries, please email [email protected]